''Wear it like Beckham'' by Lane Crawford


Victoria 19Apr12 Big03
“I design everything for myself. If it’s a dress, it’s a dress I want to wear myself.”






Lane Crawford: How do you approach design and working with your team?Victoria Beckham: My approach to design is always about empowering women, making my customers feel beautiful, comfortable and confident. I am involved in every single aspect of the design process. I design every item that bears my name and I then work with my teams to bring my visions to life.
LC: Who is the girl you imagine wearing this collection?
VB: Myself! And my customer! I really wanted to create a collection that could be worn not only by the existing ready-to-wear customer but also reach a new, slightly younger audience. I think the girl who wears these dresses is confident and independent and able to make each dress her own.
LC: Where does your inspiration come from?
VB: Inspiration for me comes from the most unexpected things! From books, to my family and surroundings, exhibitions, furniture, drawings… The list is endless. Sometimes it is the most surprising everyday things that suddenly transpire into something great in the collections.
LC: What is your favourite piece in the collection?
VB: You know, I really don't have a favourite, but I really enjoy wearing all the prints. I wear most of the dresses both day and night as they are so easy to dress up or down.

LC: What celebrities have been wearing your collection and who wears it best?

VB: So far I've had such an exciting mix of celebrities, including Michelle Williams, Julianne Moore, Jennifer Lawrence, Julia Roberts, Celine Buckens… They really go to prove how versatile the collection is and how each person can make the dress unique.

LC: What most excites you about coming to Hong Kong?

VB: I am so excited about coming to Hong Kong! I really want to meet my customers and make sure that my retailers feel supported. I am looking forward to seeing the street style, and absorbing new cultures in a new environment.
Read more: lanecrawford.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPAÑOL (traducido por mi amigo Fighter)


Lane Crawford: Cómo abordas el diseño y trabajar con tu equipo?
Victoria Beckham: Mi enfoque con el diseño siempre es sobre inspirar a la mujer, haciendo que mis clientes se sientan hermosas, cómodas y seguras. Estoy envuelta en cada aspecto del proceso de diseño. Yo diseño cada item que lleve mi nombre y luego trabajo con mis equipos para traer mis visiones a la vida.
LC: Quién es la chica a la que imaginas vistiendo esta colección?
VB: Yo misma! Y mi cliente! Realmente queria crear una colección que pudiera vestir no solo mi cliente ready-to-wear pero también llegar a un nuevo público más joven. Pienso que la chica que vista estos vestidos es segura e independiente y capaz de hacer de cada vestido el suyo.
LC: De dónde viene tu inspiración?
VB: La inspiración para mi viene de las cosas más inesperadas! Desde libros, hasta mi familia y ambiente, exibiciones, muebles, dibujos... La lista no tiene fin. A veces son las más sorprendes cosas del día a día que de pronto terminan como algo grandioso en las colecciones.
LC: Cuál es tu pieza favorita en la colección?
VB: Sabes, no tengo una favorita, pero realmente disfruto vistiendo todas las tramas. Visto la mayoría de los vestidos tanto de día como de noche ya que son tan fáciles de adaptar para la ocasión.
LC: Qué celebridades han estado usando tu colección y a quien le queda mejor?
VB: Hasta ahora he tenido una excitante mezcla de celebridades incluyendo a Michelle Williams, Julianne Moore, Jennifer Lawrence, Julia Roberts, Celine Buckens… Realmente comprueban lo versátil que es la colección y como cada persona puede hacer único el vestido.
LC: Qué te excita más sobre venir a Hong Kong?
VB: Estoy tan excitada de venir a Hong Kong! Realmente quiero conocer a mis clientes y asegurarme que mis distribuidores se sientan apoyados. Tengo ganas de ver el estilo en la calle, y absorber nuevas culturas en un nuevo ambiente.
Más material: lanecrawford.com

No comments: