David Beckham: Man About Town magazine

imagebam.com imagebam.com 



‘It was incredible in Manchester back then,’ he recalled after moving to Old Trafford in 1993 in a spell that would last a decade.

‘It was the time of the Haçienda club – there were so many great things happening there at that time.’

‘I wasn’t a clubby person. I haven’t been a big clubby person my whole life, you know, even at a very young age, which I think has helped me throughout my career,’ said the squeaky clean former England Captain.

‘I’ve nothing against going out and having a good time, but I think, for me it was all about Manchester United… and, of course, The Stone Roses.’

‘Apart from the music, all I was interested in was playing for Manchester United. It was all I wanted in my life.’ 

Asked if he would mind if his girl slipped on a No. 7 jersey and some studs, Becks explained: ‘No, not at all, not at all. Obviously, when we were living in America that was a big thing, girls playing football. The girls are very talented over there, and women’s football is big in England and Europe as well so… we’ll see.’ 

Becks shared his hopes for his one-year-old princess and his three lads Brooklyn, 14, Romeo, 10 and eight-year-old Cruz after admitting he never anticipated the scale of how big ‘Brand Beckham’ would become.

Lena, Metro, womenssoccerunited.

No comments: