Victoria Beckham: in 24 Hours - by Harper's Bazaar US

imagebam.com

6:15 A.M. I wake up between 6:15 and 6:30. Because I have, you know, four kids, I'm quite an early riser! So I naturally wake up at that time, but I always have an alarm as a safety net—in case I have something really important going on and I sleep in for the first time in 20 years. (I don't make Victoria Beckham nighties, so I'll leave it to everybody's imagination what I sleep in.) Then I get in the shower, and because I wake the children up at 7 o'clock, that gives me half an hour to get myself ready. So that half an hour in the morning while I'm getting ready, between showering and washing my face, I'm checking e-mails that have come in overnight, from America. Yes, there is an iPhone sitting there in the bathroom! In the bathroom, I always use Dr. Lancer skin products. He's a dermatologist I saw when we were living in Los Angeles. The body cream I use is a really simple, inexpensive body moisturizer by Weleda. It's really, really thick, and I slather it on. I also really like those Stila lip glosses, the ones that you twist and they click. They smell and taste nice. And then, throughout the day, I use Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream. I'd love to have a bath first thing in the morning, but I just don't have the time. I do love to have a bath in the evening, but I'm not one to sit there and soak. (Tom Ford has three baths a day? How brilliant—but he doesn't have four kids!) I usually eat fruit for breakfast. I'll have peppermint tea and then a double espresso. And I'm just nibbling while giving the kids all their breakfasts. And while that's all happening, they'll have a spelling test or a times table test. We have times tables on Post-its all over the fridge. So we're quizzing each other in the morning, and we make it into, like, a little bit of a game. Yes, at age 38, I'm still doing homework! As far as exercise, my plan when I get back from New York Fashion Week is to get back to running because I've just been so busy trying to get the collections together.
7:50 A.M. We leave the house. The boys go to three different schools. I do one or two of the drops because they all start around the same time. David does the other, so we go in totally different directions.
8:50 A.M. I head in to work. My studio is in Battersea. The first thing I do is check in with my team. I have about 80 people in the studio, including seamstresses, an e-commerce team, everyone. Another thing I do as soon as I get in is check all aspects of my fall collection show in New York—floor samples, set designs, music, floor plans. I'm hands-on, you could say! From the minute I get to work, it's pretty nonstop. I have to be. I've got to be super focused. We are incredibly busy at the moment with my e-commerce launch. I've actually shot some of the video on it myself. I think it's pretty modern, very innovative; it will have the Victoria line, the handbags, the denim, the eyewear, and, of course, the dresses! I've created a little collection of archived dresses called Icons—and once they're sold, they're gone. Then I'm going to surprise people by just randomly putting up new dresses. Ha—not randomly, late at night, though! I mainly wear my own clothes to work. I always carry two of my bags, one that is a smaller handbag style and the other that is like a bigger tote. Everything is in there—say, it's the Liberty bag, one of my new ones; it fits my MacBook Pro, iPad, iPad mini, and iPhone. I lug all that into the office with me. I love to read fashion magazines, and I know that you can look at all that online, but I actually like to have a magazine to hold. Being a mom, I don't have a lot of time to read.
1:00 P.M. For lunch, I'll have a working lunch with my team in the studio, and we'll typically get sushi, something quite healthy. I do like green juices and things like that, so if they're there, I'll have them. But generally speaking, I drink lots of sparkling water, lots of peppermint tea. I eat and work at the same time. After lunch, I'll normally pop down to an e-commerce shoot, for example, if we're doing some filming or if we're shooting more products. I like to get as much done between nine and four as I can. I work flat-out so I can get home.
4:00 P.M. At four o'clock, I leave the office and go and pick up the children, take them home, give them their dinner, take them to all their after-school activities—yes, like football and rugby—and start doing homework. I love children's homework. And then when I put the children in bed, I'll start working again. Catching up with people, because that's when America is waking up.
7:00 P.M. David and I like to go out for dinner, either just the two of us or with the kids. We'll go anywhere—Italian, French; the kids love sushi as well. That's their favorite food. Nobu's really great. I don't really drink too much, because I'm obviously sometimes up at night with the baby. But we like to go out and socialize a lot as a family. Now we're back in London, so we've got lots of family here. We've also got a dog, a bulldog named Coco. She is in L.A. at the moment, and she's about to come over. What's on TV? Dora the Explorer, Peppa Pig. That's pretty much all I watch. Of course, football is always on. The kids love football. And David, obviously. I couldn't live without my kids and David. They're so supportive and always encouraging me to do what I want to do.
9:00 P.M. Brooklyn doesn't go to bed until about 9 or 9:30. After that, David and I get to spend time together.
12:00 A.M. I go to bed between 12 and 1. I like to get as much sleep as I can. But when you're a mummy, you kind of—well, it would be nice.





-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6:15 A.M. Me levante entre las 6:15 y las 6:30. Porque tengo cuatro hijos, ¡soy madrugadora! Me despierto sola a esa hora, pero por las dudas siempre pongo mi reloj despertador – en caso de tener algo importante que hacer y me quede dormida por primera vez en 20 años. (No diseño pijamas, así que lo que visto para dormir lo dejo a su imaginación). Luego me meto en la ducha y como despierto a los niños a las 7am, tengo 30 minutos para arreglarme. En esa media hora, entre ducha y limpieza facial, reviso los correos electrónicos que me envían desde los Estados Unidos. Si, ¡hay un iPhone en el baño! En el baño, nunca faltan los productos para la piel del Dr. Lance. Él es un dermatólogo que conocí en Los Ángeles. Como loción para el cuerpo uso la loción hidratante de Weleda, que es muy sencilla y económica. Es espesa y unto bastante cantidad sobre mi piel. También me gustan mucho los brillos labiales de Stila, esos que giras y haces un click. Tienen un rico aroma y sabor. Luego, durante el día, uso la crema Eight Hour Cream de Elizabeth Arden. Me encantaría poder tomar un baño cuando me levanto, pero no tengo tiempo. Sí disfruto de un baño a la noche, pero no soy de hacerlo muy seguido (¿Tom Ford toma tres baños por días? Eso es brillante – ¡pero él no tiene cuatro hijos!). Generalmente desayuno frutas. Tomo un té de menta y después un expreso doble. Voy dando pequeños bocados a la comida cuando les doy el desayuno a los niños y mientras sucede todo esto, les hago pruebas de deletreo o de las tablas de multiplicar. Tenemos tablas de multiplicar en Post-its pegados en la puerta de la nevera. Nos hacemos preguntas en la mañana. Es un juego entre nosotros. Si, a los 38 años, ¡todavía hago tarea! En lo que respecta a la gimnasia, mi plan cuando vuelvo de la Semana de la Moda en Nueva York es volver a correr porque siempre estoy muy ocupada armando la colección esas semanas.
7:50 A.M. Salimos de la casa. Los niños van a tres escuelas diferentes. Yo llevo a uno o dos porque todos entran al colegio a la misma hora. David lleva al otro, así que vamos en direcciones opuestas.
8:50 A.M. Voy al trabajo. Mi estudio queda en Battersea. Lo primero que hago es reunirme con mi equipo para hablar. Tengo alrededor de 80 personas en el estudio, incluyendo costureras, un equipo de e-commerce, todos. Otra cosa que hago cuando llego es revisar todos los aspectos de mi colección Oto/Inv en Nueva York – muestras del piso, diseños del set, la música, planos del lugar. ¡Me gusta hacer las cosas yo misma! Desde el momento en el que llego al trabajo, no paro. Debo ser así. Estamos muy ocupados ahora con el lanzamiento del e-commerce. Grabé parte del video yo misma. Creo que es muy moderno, muy innovador. Incluye la línea Victoria, las carteras, la línea de denim, las gafas, y, por supuesto, ¡los vestidos! He creado una pequeña colección para relanzar vestidos de mis colecciones anteriores y se llama ‘Icons’ – y una vez que se vendan todos, no habrá más. Luego, planeo sorprender a todos incluyendo nuevos diseños. Ja – pero no en cualquier momento, como a mitad de la noche! Para ir a trabajar, visto mis diseños. Llevo dos carteras de mi colección, una que es pequeña y la otra que es más grande. Llevo todo en esta última, la cartera Liberty, una de mis favoritas. Allí llevo mi MacBook Pro, iPad, iPad mini, y mi iPhone. Todo viene a la oficina conmigo. Me encanta leer revistas de moda, y sé que ahora podemos leerlas en internet, pero yo prefiero llevarlas en la mano. Siendo mamá, no me queda mucho tiempo libre para leer.
1:00 P.M. Almuerzo con mi equipo en el estudio, y generalmente pedimos sushi, algo muy saludable. Me gustan los jugos de frutas o verduras, y suelo almorzar eso también cuando hay. Pero generalmente tomo mucha agua con gas y té de menta. Como y trabajo al mismo tiempo. Luego del almuerzo, suelo realizar sesión de fotos para el e-commerce, por ejemplo, si estamos filmando o sacando fotos a más productos. Me gusta hacer todo entre las 9 y las 4. Trabajo intensamente para después poder ir a casa tranquila.
4:00 P.M. A las cuatro en punto, salgo de la oficina y voy a buscar a los niños al colegio, los llevo a casa, cenan, luego los llevo a sus actividades extras – si, como fútbol y rugby – y al volver, hacen sus tareas. Me encanta la tarea de los niños. Y cuando los acuesto, empiezo a trabajar otra vez. Me pongo en contacto con mi equipo en los Estados Unidos, que está comenzando el día.
7:00 P.M. A David y a mí nos gusta ir a cenar afuera, ya sea los dos solos o con los niños. Nos gusta ir a todos lados – comida italiana, francesa; los niños aman el sushi también. Es su comida preferida. El restaurante Nobu es muy bueno. No tomo mucho, porque a veces la beba me despierta a la noche. Pero nos gusta mucho salir y socializar como familia. Ahora volvimos a Londres y tenemos muchos familiares aquí. También tenemos una perra, una bulldog llamada Coco que está en Los Ángeles. Pronto la traeremos a Inglaterra. ¿Qué hay en la tv? Dora the Explorer, Peppa Pig. Eso es prácticamente todo lo que miro en la televisión. Por supuesto que el fútbol siempre está presente. A los niños les encanta el fútbol. A David también, obviamente. No podría vivir sin mis hijos y sin David. Ellos me apoyan mucho y siempre me alientan a hacer lo que quiero.
9:00 P.M. Brooklyn no se acuesta hasta las 9 – 9:30. Luego de que se va a dormir, David y yo disfrutamos un tiempo juntos.
12:00 A.M. Me voy a la cama entre las 12 y la 1. Me gusta dormir todo lo que pueda. Pero cuando eres madre, a veces... bueno, si, sería lindo.

No comments: