Marc Jacobs: 'I loved working with Victoria Beckham'

Marc Jacobs loved working with Victoria Beckham because no one expected it and says she was thrilled to take part in a campaign where only her legs were visible coming out of a shopping bag. Marc Jacobs loved working with Victoria Beckham because no one expected it. The Louis Vuitton designer cast the former Spice Girl in a campaign for his eponymous brand in 2008 and caused controversy with an advertisement which saw just her legs coming out of a shopping bag but Marc revealed he chose her because it was so unexpected. He explained to Germany's Interview magazine: "Victoria would never have been the type of person that I think anyone would have thought of as our customer. Victoria liked the idea very much and was totally into it so I said, 'Let's treat her like she's a kind of product.' Because she is, she's created herself... And the first image you saw was just her legs coming out of a shopping bag." Former heroin addict Marc also revealed he gets upset when people refer to him as a "fat heroin addict" because he was thin when he was on drugs. The reformed designer explained: "That was the stupidest thing I ever heard because first of all I was never a fat heroin addict, I was a skinny heroin addict - and I got over that luckily. I was fat when I stopped doing drugs, not while I was doing drugs. I don't know anyone who's fat when they're doing drugs."

No comments: