David Beckham - H&M



Mr. Beckham - By Derek Blasberg
His other half may have better style credentials, but David Beckham is about to start competing in the fashion game himself, as he enters the fray with his own-design ‘bodywear’ with H&M. It makes sense
– after all, his good looks and celebrity status have been selling other people’s garments for years...
Fashion writer Derek Blasberg meets him for H&M Life.
I like the idea of you having a business card that says “underwear designer”.
Yeah! I think I should have some made. I don’t have any cards yet, so thanks for the idea.

What? You’ve worked in fashion for years now; I can’t believe no one’s given you a card – so when did you start paying more attention to how people dress?
I’ve always liked fashion. I might not have always worn great stuff, but I always knew what I liked. I’ve definitely worn stuff that maybe someone else wouldn’t wear, but I wear what I think looks good.

Do you have a daily uniform?
Not at all. The only thing I do is set my outfit out the night before so it’s ready in the morning.

Have you been like that since you were a kid?
I suppose the very first thing I remember, when it comes to fashion, is when I was a pageboy at a family wedding. I had a choice between wearing some boring old suit, or a pair of knickerbockers with ballerina tights and slippers. I went with the tights.

Looking back on all of your sartorial decisions you’ve made, do you laugh about any of it now?
Me and Victoria wore matching black leather outfits once. They were Versace. That’s one where I look back, like, “What were we thinking?” We laugh about that one.

How did this collaboration come together?
I started working on a bodywear project more than a year ago. At the time it was just me and my team; there was no collaboration with anybody else. But, H&M heard that I was bringing out a collection and approached us, and it all came together.

How far along were you with your line?
We had product. We were a long way along. We had something physical to show H&M, and as soon as they saw the product they were like, “We’re in, we want it.” They took our ideas to another level.

Tell me a little bit about the design process. Did you sketch or work with prototypes?
That’s one thing about me – everything I’ve ever done, I’m involved. If I can’t be hands-on and totally involved, I don’t want anything to do with it. It’s something I’ve always done throughout my career. I don’t want to just give my name to someone to do whatever they want. I think H&M loved the fact that I was totally involved.

I know she’s got her own fashion career, but did your wife chime in when you were putting this together?
She saw the collection and she saw it on me. She loved it. We all loved it straightaway, because it’s so simple and well done. She’s definitely someone whose judgement I trust, and she does have an expertise.

Did you know Calvin Klein started in fashion before he moved on to underwear? Maybe you’ll do the reverse: Start in underwear, and then move into fashion.
Who knows? Five years ago, if someone had asked me if I was going to have my own underwear collection I would have said, “Probably not. No.” And if someone had said to me ten years ago that I would be playing soccer and living in America, I would have said the same thing. But plans change, life changes. So, we’ll see. I love tracksuits, I already have a collection with Adidas. Maybe in the future something else will happen.

You once said that you wanted to open a fish ‘n’ chip restaurant.
Was it fish ‘n’ chips? I think it was a pie and mash shop. But, since you’re an American, you probably don’t know the difference.

Now that’d be a killer business card: footballer, underwear designer, pie and mash 
shop owner.
And dad. And husband. But, not in that order.

*******************************
More stuff I've found about David Beckham for H&M. credits are in images.
--------------------------
Más material que encontré sobre David Beckham para H&M.


imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

No comments: