David convence a Thierry.


Thierry Henry and David Beckham

Thierry Henry has revealed David Beckham encouraged him to play in the MLS when he consulted the Los Angeles Galaxy star ahead of his switch to New York Red Bulls.

"I did approach David on my move,'' Henry said. "He never said anything negative to me about the MLS and told me he enjoys everything in the game here. I respect Becks. He has been a great guy to me. He encouraged me to play here.''

Meanwhile, Henry admits he has sympathy for Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas amid the ongoing speculation linking the Spaniard with a transfer to Barcelona. Henry made the move from the Emirates to the Nou Camp in 2007 and believes Fabregas will have mixed feelings over a possible return to his homeland.

"You never actually leave Arsenal and it is hard to explain the bond I had with the fans and everyone at the club. I still get goose bumps when I go back,'' said Henry. "Cesc has a similar bond and that is the dilemma he has. As a fan you don't want him to leave but you can understand a guy that wants to go back home.''

espn.com

No comments: